How does it work?
When you have a game you’d like to “Lock”, choose the “GameLock” icon that appears on both the game page and the Q. You do not have to remove other games from your Q, or worry someone else might get a copy and you miss out. Make sure you have the game "Locked" into your GameLock by the 30 day cutoff and that you return 1 of your games so that you have an open slot. This allows you to keep enjoying GameFly, while still guaranteeing that major game.
When should I put my return in the mail?
We recommend you put your return in the mail 2 to 7 days prior to release of the GameLock game. This ensures you have an open slot upon release.
What games can I add to GameLock?
- Most future release games will be available for GameLock If a game is available for GameLock, we'll display a button when you add it to your Q or on the Q page itself next to the game. You won’t be able to add any game to GameLock regardless of plan after the game approaches 7 days before its release.
Does this mean my non-GameLocked games will suffer poor fulfillment?
- Absolutely not. In fact, one of the major advantages to GameLock is it gives us a better picture of what our members’ rental intentions are, which allows us to fulfill standard Q titles with greater accuracy.
What happens if I didn't get to GameLock I want before the 30 day cutoff?
- You can still keep that game at the top of your Q, and we will try to fulfill your request for the game when it releases, but we cannot guarantee you'll get the game if it's not in your GameLock. However, you can upgrade to the Elite Plan (subject to a pro-rated upgrade fee at time of upgrade) and add it to your GameLock up to 1 week before release.
Why a 30 day window?
- Like any retailer, we have a cutoff window, with which to order copies. This is our order cutoff window. We will absolutely be reviewing this timeframe, and if we find it can be improved, we will do so. Our goal is to get as close to real-time fulfillment as possible for you.
What if I'm on a Movies Plan or a Budget Plan?
- Only the Standard (All-Access) Game Plans and the Elite Game Plans currently qualify for GameLock. You'll need to upgrade your plan (subject to a pro-rated upgrade fee at time of upgrade) if you wish to take advantage of this special feature.
What if I don’t return a game before release?
- We will hold your GameLock as guaranteed for 4 days after the release of the game. After 4 days, we will release any unfulfilled GameLock inventory back into the regular inventory pool. You are free to add another title to your GameLock or keep this title as #1 in your Q and we will ship it as soon as possible.
Why are some games available for GameLock and others are not?
Most future release games will be available for GameLock, however, certain games may have quantity restrictions from the manufacturer, limiting our ability to guarantee you a copy. When a game is GameLock eligible, we will display a button on the game page and your Q. All games lose their GameLock status, regardless of plan, when it crosses the order threshold. Standard plans are at 30 days, Elite plans, 1 week.
If I am on the 2 Game Plan, do I get 2 GameLock spots?
Elite plans and our 3 and 4 game plan members have the option for a second GameLock slot.